HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why do you allow guest account posts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hegalen_

PostSubject: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 pm

I guess it will be better to disallow guest account to post in forums and turn on the automatic account activation by email. By that way, you'll be sure that all the messages using the same username belongs to same person.

You can create a group like "faction members" and give faction specific rights to that group. So that registered users can only use those 2 forums which are visible to guests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:53 pm

It's easy for lazy admins to activate account this way; instead of using admin panel to individually change permissions for every new member, we'll simply activate or not activate a person to grant/deny them access.
Back to top Go down
Hegalen_

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Well, Its easier with the way I told above.
Lazy admin wont bother with the activation and simply add a new faction member to the "faction members" group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Hegalen_ wrote:
Well, Its easier with the way I told above.
Lazy admin wont bother with the activation and simply add a new faction member to the "faction members" group.

Basically, this is how our forum works:

1. User registers
2. Admin receives a notification email, clicks a link
Done.

If we make a new member group....

1. User registers
2. Admin receives the email
3. Admin visits the forums
4. Go into the admin panel and place them into a group
Done.

We're kinda lazy xD.
Back to top Go down
Hegalen_

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

LOOOOL.
I have nothing to say about that :)

well. in fact, a script can be written for those lazy admins but nvm xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 pm

ninja Another advantage of this setup is that anonymous people don't get to stalk anyone on this forum, while I can stalk everyone logging onto, like say Zulu's forum
Back to top Go down
Hegalen_

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 pm

you can limit that stalking business with faction members only, or moderators. registered users wont know anything about who logged in or when. you can even limit the user list as far as I know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 pm

By stalking, i really meant this type of stalking: embarassed embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hegalen_

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Oh you talk about ip adress to location type of stalking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you allow guest account posts?   

Back to top Go down

Why do you allow guest account posts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1